Here is updated CV 19 vaccine guidance from the May 11 CDC call. See attached deck.
1. New recommendations for people aged ≥6 years without immunocompromise who have not yet received a bivalent mRNA dose, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination history, get 1 dose of a bivalent mRNA vaccine.
2. If >65yo and not immunocompromised, flexibility to get an additional bivalent mRNA now (if 4 mo since last vaccine).
3. If>65yo with no CV 19 vaccine history, get 1 bivalent now then option for a boost in 4 months.
4. Starting at slide 44, guidance to update pediatric patients or start the vaccine naïve. There are some nuances for maintaining a particular vaccine type, so look closely if you are advising here. The most basic pedes cases are slides 47,48.
5. For >6yo with immunocompromise, the recommendations are flexible, allowing an additional dose at 2-month intervals. Again, read carefully for doses, types, intervals. Tables for this start at slide 72.