CHAMPS is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 2023 CHAMPS CORE Competencies for Health Center Supervisors and Managers Training.
Testimonials from Past Participants:
- “I really enjoyed this course. I thought it was very informative and helped me identify my strengths and weaknesses. I thought it was very well-led and interactive.”
- “I really enjoyed the behavioral interview process. I will definitely use this in my new charge nurse roll.”
- “Lisa was phenomenal. She kept us listeners interested for 2.5 hours, which is a difficult task when folks are busy with work and other obligations. She was the most charismatic speaker that I have ever attended a training with. Her personal stories and the breakouts kept it very engaging and fun.”
See below for complete details, and please pass this information along to supervisors and managers at your organization that would benefit from this opportunity.
2023 Virtual CORE Competencies for Health Center Supervisors and Managers Training
Date/Time: Five online (Zoom) sessions, Wednesday mornings March 29 – April 26, 2023, 9:00 – 11:30 AM MT | 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM CT.
Lead Trainer: Lisa Mouscher, CEO and Lead Consultant at Sogence Training and Consulting.
Event Overview: Managers and supervisors play a pivotal role in the success of health centers, yet many are hired or promoted into their roles without the core skills to effectively hire, train, manage, engage, retain, and develop others. This course, specifically designed for supervisors and managers at community, migrant, and homeless health centers, offers intensive, hands-on, and immediately applicable skill-building to successfully navigate management and supervisory roles in the fast-paced and often challenging health center environment. Don’t miss this opportunity to ensure you have the nuts-and-bolts knowledge, skills, and strategies to be successful in your management role.
- The History, Mission, and Impact of the Health Center Movement
- The Art of Management Communication
- Strengthening Employee Engagement, Productivity, and Retention
- Behavioral Interviewing
- Staying Legally Compliant as a Manager/Supervisor
- Making Customer Service a Reality
All components of this course will be held virtually, involving both independent and group learning and networking opportunities. Participants will:
- View a brief pre-recorded introductory session, presented by Andrea Martin, CHAMPS Workforce Development & Member Services Director, covering the Community Health Center Movement and the significant role of supervisors and managers in your organization’s success.
- Attend five live online meetings via Zoom to allow for facilitated learning and small group work:
- Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 9:00-11:30AM MT / 10:00AM-12:30PM CT
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 9:00-11:30AM MT / 10:00AM-12:30PM CT
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 9:00-11:30AM MT / 10:00AM-12:30PM CT
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 9:00-11:30AM MT / 10:00AM-12:30PM CT
- Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 9:00-11:30AM MT / 10:00AM-12:30PM CT
- Undertake short homework assignments designed to support the implementation of new learning in the home health center.
- Have access to all course materials electronically on a password-protected page of the CHAMPS website; didactic components of the virtual course will be recorded and available to registrants through Friday, May 12th.
The registration fee is $649 for CHAMPS Organizational Members and $799 for Non-Members. Registration Scholarships:
A limited number of registration scholarships are available for this course for participants from Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming only, courtesy of Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH)
, Colorado Community Health Network (CCHN)
, Montana Primary Care Association (MPCA)
, and Wyoming Primary Care Association
. Available scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. If someone is interested in being considered for a scholarship, they must:
- Check “yes” they would like to be considered for a registration scholarship on their registration form, AND
- Send in their registration details (see “Registration Instructions” below).
Please provide participant information by completing the online registration form
(you may also click HERE
to fill out and submit via email a printable registration form). The registration due date is Monday, February 27, 2023. Do not send payment immediately.
Once CHAMPS has received registration information, that individual will be sent an email notifying them:
Recommended For: Region VIII health center supervisors and managers at all levels.
- Whether or not they have received a registration scholarship (they MUST check “yes” they would like to be considered for a registration scholarship on their registration form to be considered).
- How much they may owe for registration and how to make their payment to CHAMPS.